Published 11:15 am Wednesday, May 3, 2017
Submit your calendar event by emailing Mike Stoll at email@example.com
NOTE: DUE TO THE CURRENT CORONAVIRUS SITUATION, EVENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
• St. Olaf Advent Celebration, 5-6 p.m. at St. Olaf Lutheran Church. Families with children aged 4 to sixth grade can come to St. Olaf and put together their very own Advent wreath. Learn the meaning of each candle and take your wreath home with you as we journey through Advent. You can either choose to complete your Advent kit at church or you can come to the church during the event and pick up your kit to take home.
• American Red Cross Blood Drive, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Mayo Clinic Health System-Austin. Located in Classroom 3 (south elevators, third floor). For appointments, go to www.redcrossblood.org and enter sponsor code Austin Mayo (Austin). For more information, call 507-434-1307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Santa’s Visit to Austin, 4-8 p.m. at the Mower County Fairgrounds. Santa is coming to town! Drive through the Mower County Fairgrounds and wave to Santa. Each vehicle will receive candy canes and a bag of goodies.
• Christmas in the County Drive Thru Christmas Bake Sale, 2-5 p.m. at the Mower County Historical Society. Items must be pre-ordered by Nov. 20. Visit www.mowercountyhistory.org or call 507-437-6082 for an order form.
• Christmas in the County Drive Thru Christmas Bake Sale, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Mower County Historical Society. Items must be pre-ordered by Nov. 20. Visit www.mowercountyhistory.org or call 507-437-6082 for an order form.
• Christmas in the County Raffle Drawing, 2 p.m. on Facebook Live. Tickets available from any MCHS board member or by contacting the MCHS Office at 507-437-6082 or email@example.com. Tickets are $1 per chance. Grand prize is an 80 x 95 handcrafted quilt, “Feedsack Reproductions,” made by Virginia Bissen.
• History Happy Hour – History and Adaptation of “How the Grinch Stole Christmas,” 5:30 p.m. at the Hormel Historic Home. Free for members of the HHH, Mower County Historical Society, and Friends of the Library. $5 for non-members. Register by calling 507-433-4243 as attendance will be limited.