Tonic Sol-fa taking the Paramount stage
Imagine a music act that performs 100 concerts each year across 48 states to a combined audience of of over 250,000.
An Emmy-winning act that has released 10 albums and sold over two million copies. Members of the Midwest Music Hall of Fame and the Minnesota Music Hall of Fame with three PBS television specials.
You don’t have to rely on your imagination because this music act will take the stage at the Historic Paramount Theatre on Friday, March 1: Tonic Sol-fa.
Long-time Austin favorites, Tonic Sol-fa began at St. John’s University in central Minnesota and includes lead vocalist Shaun Johnson, tenor and vocal percussionist Greg Bannwarth, baritone and percussionist/vocal percussionist Theo Brown, and bass Jared Dove.
Tonic Sol-fa’s music is ground-breaking a cappella, real four-part harmony with no auto-tune needed.
Together the group reached national prominence with appearances on NBC’s “Today Show” and in Newsweek magazine. Along the way, they shared the stage with a number of recognizable performers including Jay Leno, Jeff Foxworthy and Weird Al Yankovic, and were recently inducted in the Minnesota Music Hall of Fame alongside Prince.
At present, Tonic Sol-fa is putting the finishing touches on an album of requested originals.
Tickets are available now at austinareaarts.org and cost $20 advance, $25 day of show and $15 student.
Matchbox Childrens’ Theatre presents “Snow White, the Queen’s Fair Daughter” at the Paramount Theatre on February 15, 16 and 17. Directed by Angela Donovan and Barb Kasel, the cast features Jenny Dreyer and Kim Potter as narrators, Crystal Cox as Queen, Angela Kelly as Greta, Randy Forster as King, Olivia Felten as Young Snow White, Lydia Wik as Snow White, Kim Zerke as the Mirror, Diann Smith, Lilly Loverink, Becca Wicks, McKenna Donovan, Zoee Sorenson, Kalli Potter, Grace Wood Roland, Ed Dreyer Frederick and Deidre Smith as the Seven Dwarves.
Coming soon at the Paramount Theatre
- Paramount Jazz: 2 p.m., Sunday
- $5 Movie: “Mean Girls” at 3 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. on Feb. 6
- MacPhail Spotlight Series: The Roaring Twenties, 3 p.m. on Feb. 10
- Matchbox Children’s Theatre presents “Snow White, the Queen’s Fair Daughter: Feb. 15, 16, 17
- $5 Movie: “Forrest Gump” at 3 and 7:30 p.m. on Feb. 20
- $5 Movie: “Into the Wild” at 3 and 7:30 p.m. on Feb. 27
Coming soon at the ArtWorks Center
- $5 Kids Studio: 3D Foil Greeting Cards, 10:30 a.m., on Feb. 9
- Family Art Studio: 1-3 p.m. on Feb. 9
- Teen Clay Handbuilding with Jenna Grabau: 3 p.m. on Feb. 13
- $5 Kids Studio: Dragon Canvas Painting, 10:30 a.m. on Feb. 16
- ArtRocks Open Jam: 7 p.m. on Feb. 22.
- Green Eyed Girls Painting Class with Lori Tapani: 1 p.m. on Feb. 23